- 300g high protein flour
½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lukewarm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 250ml water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 tsp alum (pak fun)
- 1/8 tsp ammonia powder (chow fun)
- 1 tsp salt
- Put (A) in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix (B) and leave aside to froth for 10 minutes. Combine (C) together. Pour (B) into (A) and mix well, then add in (C) and beat for five minutes until a soft dough is formed.
- Cover and leave aside to rise to double its size. (I left it for abt 2 hours). Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll out into a long rectangle, then cut into strips. Place two strips one on top of the other and allow to rest for five to 10 minutes.Heat a wok with oil till hot.
- Press lightly on the two strips of dough with a chopstick. Stretch the strips a little and lower into hot oil.
- Deep fry, turning constantly until each cruller turns puffy and golden brown.